DSWD to give cash aid to 'waitlisted' beneficiaries starting this week

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 14) — The Department of Social Welfare and Development will start rolling out the first and second tranche of the government's social amelioration program (SAP) to the five million waitlisted families nationwide this week, the agency's spokesperson said Sunday.

"This week, we will start with the distribution ng first tranche and second tranche para doon sa mga waitlisted o yung mga additional beneficiaries na hindi po nakatanggap ng ayuda mula nung una tayong nagpahatid ng SAP," Social Welfare spokesperson Irene Dumlao told CNN Philippines' Newsroom Weekend.

[Translation: This week, we will start with the distribution of the first tranche and second tranche for those who are waitlisted or the additional beneficiaries who did not receive aid since we started the SAP.]

The DSWD said that the list of beneficiaries provided by local government units have undergone validation as part of the guidelines in the implementation of the aid.

"This is to ensure that the names listed in the certified list have not been recipients of other social amelioration programs implemented by other government agencies," Dumlao said.

The department started the rollout of the second tranche of COVD-19 cash aid last week with the 1.3 million Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino cash card holders.

Dumlao noted that they are targeting completion within June after tapping the online cash system ReliefAgad to speed up the distribution of financial aid.

"Well, before po matapos itong buwan na ito, tinitiyak po ng DSWD na matatapos ang distribution po ng second tranche," she said.

[Translation: Well, before the month ends, the DSWD assures that we will finish the distribution of the second tranche.]

The Bayanihan to Heal as One Act authorized Duterte to provide an emergency subsidy of ₱5,000 to ₱8,000 each to 18 million low income families once a month for two months.

Malacañang announced last month the inclusion of five million more low-income families who were left out in the distribution while most parts of the country were still under the modified enhanced community quarantine.

Some 98 percent of the beneficiaries were able to receive the first tranche of cash aid, but implementation was marred with delays and corruption allegations.