MRT officials test positive for COVID-19

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, January 28) — Two top officials of the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 have tested positive for COVID-19, according to Transportation Undersecretary Timothy John Batan.

In a virtual briefing on Thursday, Batan confirmed MRT-3 General Manager Rodolfo Garcia and MRT-3 Director for operations Michael Capati have contracted the virus, but he refused to disclose more details regarding their current condition.

"Iyong additional details, we would like to withhold comment na rin para sa privacy and respect sa lahat ng ating COVID-19 patients sa MRT-3," Batan said.

[Translation: For additional details, we would like to withhold comment for the privacy and respect of all COVID-19 patients from the MRT-3.]

Earlier reports said Transportation chief Arthur Tugade also confirmed that Garcia tested positive for the coronavirus and is currently in the intensive care unit.

On Wednesday, the Transportation Department announced 36 personnel of the MRT-3 depot tested positive for COVID-19. The management has implemented an "enhanced access control" since last week, meaning workers shifted to a work-from-home arrangement and only essential workers with negative swab test result will be allowed to be physically present.